I must say, I am really lucky to be working for GNOME for this Google Summer of Code. After all, there is the extra perk of getting to attend GUADEC!
It was an excellent opportunity to meet the people whom I had just communicated with on IRC.
Some of the highlights of my GUADEC experience:
- Party at Fléda on the first evening.
- Got Cosimo to hack around a bit in GTK and Nautilus
- Attended as many talks as one could. Managed this by volunteering as session chair in talks which I anyway wanted to attend :). I was going to enumerate the talks which I liked but then I realized that its too long a list. I found all of them interesting, though I must admit that I didn’t really understand everything :P.
- Attended the GNOME Foundation AGM!
- Saw cool stuff like the quadcopter, 3-d printer and demo of Tizen.
- Got to know about the awesome Terms of Service Didn’t Read project.
- Got a nice historical tour of Brno thanks to the very knowledgeable and energetic Canadian guide – Don Sparling.
- Met co-interns and other attendees, and made many new friends.
- Gave a lightning talk about my GSoC work!
To conclude, I would like to thank everyone involved in the organization of GUADEC this year. All the arrangements were really meticulous!
I also want to thank everyone who attended GUADEC because after all, its the active participation of you guys which makes GUADEC meaningful and fun!
Finally, I am really grateful to GNOME Foundation for sponsoring me. Without their support, I wouldn’t have been able to attend GUADEC this year.